What is Curcumin and How it is Useful for Health
- by Admin
- September 01, 2022
Curcuma longa, also Famous in Asian countries with the name turmeric a famous medicinal plant, belongs to the Zingiberaceae family. The components of turmeric include dimethoxycurcumin (DMC) and bisdemethoxycurcumin (BDMC), which are together referred to as curcuminoids. It has many well-known biological properties that are well-known, including anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-asthmatic, anti-arthritis, anti-diabetic, anti-venom, and wound-healing, in depression and anxiety, among others.
Curcumin– the turmeric’s active ingredient, is extracted from the Curcuma longa plant and gives the spice its color. These yellow-hued curcuminoids were extracted from Curcuma longa. In India’s Vedic civilization, turmeric was used as a culinary spice and had considerable religious importance in addition to its long history of therapeutic usage. Curcumin reduces angiogenesis and tumor growth, two main key mechanisms involved in the development of cancer. Sulfone-containing curcumin analogs S1 through S3 significantly reduced the development of human prostate, colon, lung, and pancreatic cancer cells Curcuma longa plant, a kind of ginger that is native to Southeast Asia, is used to make turmeric, a widely used spice. It includes curcuminoids, which have a broad range of uses, benefits, and drawbacks in addition to powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics. Contains turmeric root powder There are 200 milligrams present in a single small spoon of ground turmeric.
How it gets extracted from turmeric-
- Due to its numerous properties, including its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, anti-microbial, and therapeutic qualities, curcumin has been used traditionally as a medicine.
- In the root extract of Curcuma Longa, curcumin is a crucial component of this plant which is also famous with the name (Turmeric). Its plant root looks yellow because of the presence of curcumin.
- Because curcumin is insoluble in water, it has been isolated using an organic solvent. There are several ways to consume curcumin, including pills, capsules, and ointments. The Food and Drug Administration has authorized curcumin to use as a medicine.
Curcumin’s Medicinal Properties-
- Anti-viral measures-It has been proven that curcumin, a plant derivative, has a broad spectrum of antiviral action against several viruses, including the adenovirus, coxsackie virus, influenza virus, hepatitis B virus, and hepatitis C virus.
- Inflammatory-reduction exercises-Both acute and chronic forms of inflammation are significantly reduced by curcumin’s potent anti-inflammatory properties. Numerous transcription factors, cytokines, protein kinases, adhesion molecules, redox states, and enzymes associated with inflammation have been demonstrated to be regulated by curcumin.
- Promotes Weight Loss-High blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and other conditions can all be brought on by obesity. Curcumin helps metabolic diseases by stabilizing metabolism and controlling weight, according to several studies. Turmeric targets fat by reducing the activity of many mechanisms that promote the formation of adipose tissue controls lipid metabolism and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Enhance skin health-The most vital and protective covering of our body is the skin. Curcumin helps us to overcome unwanted skin disorders including eczema, persistent acne, and many other skin disorders. Turmeric powder is frequently used to make face masks, pastes, and other topically applied treatments for skin healing.
- Anti-cancer qualities curcumin-reduces angiogenesis and tumor growth, two main key mechanisms involved in the development of cancer. Sulfone-containing curcumin analogs S1 through S3 significantly reduced the development of human prostate, colon, lung, and pancreatic cancerous cells.
- Anti asthmatic properties– Curcumin reduced nasal airflow resistance by reducing congestion, sneezing, and rhinorrhea.
- Anti-diabetic qualities-Curcumin has anti-diabetic properties. Curcumin’s antioxidant properties are responsible for its antidiabetic effects. And it is also helpful in the prediabetic population.
- Reduce anxiety– After extensive research, we have determined that taking curcumin supplements in the appropriate quantity helps people deal with anxiety, not depression.
- Curcumin used to treat eye disease– Through laboratory testing, it has been ultimately determined that curcumin aids in the treatment of a number of vision problems. When taken orally for 15 days, it alleviates the symptoms of conjunctivitis, xerosis (dry eye), acute dacryocystitis, degenerative conditions (such as pterygium or pinguecula), and post-operative cataract patients.
Ultimately, we came to the conclusion that Rawcurim supplements created by ImmunityBloom offer a variety of uses and health benefits due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities. We increase these benefits in our supplements by including a variety of additives, such as carbohydrates and piperine, which significantly improve their bioavailability. Finally, the medical advantages aid in the treatment of oxidative and inflammatory disorders, metabolic syndrome, anti-inflammatory, anxiety, and anti-diabetic problems.